Craniosacral Therapy Basics
- All bodies have an inherent healing wisdom, an individual healing champion. Craniosacral therapy (Cranial) engages this wisdom and acts as a catalyst to enhance our physical mental, spiritual, and emotional healing.
- Cranial is a fluid-based therapy; meaning it engages our healing wisdom via cerebrospinal, blood, and even the fluid between cells.
- Cranial sessions are also fluid, the therapeutic process flows to follow the healing wisdom.
- Each person’s healing path is completely individual and optimal.
- Generally, the more complex or longstanding the symptoms the more cumulative the benefits of Cranial.
- The therapist’s role is to “listen” to the body, providing witness, validation, guidance, affirmation, touch, and support.
- Client and therapist work together.
- As the problems lessen, we feel lighter, clearer, and more energetic. The results from Cranial are profound, for both specific problems and a person’s general sense of well-being.
What happens in a Craniosacral Therapy session?
We begin by discussing your health history and concerns, and your Cranial questions. In return sessions we discuss any changes since the last session.
Then, with clothes on, you lie on the table. We ensure your comfort using pillows and blankets. Then relax!
Through very gentle touch, I use my hands to “listen” to your body, usually starting at your feet. I may “listen” in one place for most of the session or move my hands several times, depending on what your body expresses. I may work anywhere on your body except your privates and anywhere you don’t want to be touched.
Ever Wondered: Can Craniosacral Therapy Help Me?
I respect and work with each and every person individually. Period.
- Newborns, children, and adolescents
- Adults and the elderly
- People coming in for maintenance and prevention
- People on the spectrum
- People who are transgender, gender questioning, or gender nonconforming
- People with chronic conditions or are terminally ill
Health conditions I have worked with include:
- Musculoskeletal problems: sports injuries, motor vehicle injuries, joint pain, aches and pains of pregnancy
- Jaw issues: TMJD and orthodontic support
- Concussion and other traumatic brain injury
- Newborn issues: birth and bonding issues, torticollis, feeding issues
- Headaches: stress, migraines, and sinus
- Digestive problems: IBS, sluggish digestion, food sensitivities
- Pre-surgery preparation and post-surgery recovery
- Insomnia, depression, anxiety, anger issues, concentration problems
- Abuse issues: childhood, sexual
- Addiction issues
- Grief and loss
Craniosacral Therapy is remarkably gentle and profoundly effective.